Thursday, September 29, 2011

the rizal musicale

      Finally , it's done. And We LOST. oooops. 

       It took many wasted hours and days for me to accept the responsibility of being in charge. I've always said i didn't want hasul...and that i didn't want to be maldita and saputon... but this afternoon, i realized that the real reason was that i'm scared. I'm scared of my class losing with me leading them. And the turn-out of the musicale proved just that. 

      I hate that we didn't win because it makes me feel inadequate. Everything was all laid-out: great songs made by great people... the class finally cooperating. The other section had a well deserved win because their choreography was amazing. And i really really wish I made something like that for the class.  =( 

     But setting that aside, i was surprisingly and honestly happy about my classmates' performance. I usually feel bad about losing, for in aspects which involves creativity and performances, I've always believed in the aphorism that this society rewards people who win 1st place, and that nobody remembers who comes in second. But with today's musicale, i'm fine with saying, we didn't lose, we just didn't win first place! =p

      My classmates did well, not perfect, but they did very well. I knew they did their best for it shows in the way they sang their hearts out. I knew they wanted to do what was expected of them, and that made me very proud. There were flaws... yes, so many in fact, but in the end, it didn't matter. Every single flaw made the performance very very entertaining, and it was truly TATAK.FOURSEEE!
.
      And hey, if we think about it, we only had 2 "real" practices. With that span of of time, what we did was our best... they just did better (and had more practices). So, Congratulations guys! I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. it was not because of you cao oi! naunsa! we just started so late. i didnt feel sad pud for losing because i had fun sa whole presentation. hehe. and thank you kay kung wa ka nag choreo guro, unsa nalay labas ato? dba? nobody took charge jud but you so thank u. :)

    ReplyDelete