Sunday, May 29, 2011

my duuudles

So i guess this can explain my blog's name: DUUUDLES.♥ (taken from Doodle an unfocused drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes)
_when boredom strikes!_

Everyone who's around me all the time knows that this is what happens when I’m armed with a pen & paper (or tissue, desk, walls, blackboard. =p). I doodle especially when I’m bored or when everyone else is note taking during lectures – sorry teachers. ^_^  
I’ve done lots of these already... that also means i've wasted lots and lots of my pens' ink! hahaha... but i don’t keep my works because they're not really anything special. I’ve made some for appreciative friends who asked for it, but I don’t know if they kept it though. =)
_blah blah blah_
I’ve been asked, “what’s on your mind when you do this?”, or “what do these mean?”… Well, I really don’t know. I don’t think of anything in particular when I draw, and I certainly don’t know what these lines, vectors, dots & shapes mean! I just want to make things nice and clean. =p Maybe they do have meanings (unconsciously), but who knows what they are!? After all, they’re doodles. They don’t necessarily have to mean anything, Right? =) 
_before_

_after_

I made the "before" duuudle last May 28, 2011. What you see is my hand... and they're made of callouts! haha. It's inspired by the nokia box i saw in my sister's room. I tried to color it in paint and i actually liked how it looked, thus the "after" pic! 

So there... i'll be making lots of these in the future for sure. What can i do, this is my kind of art... probably the only form of art i'm OK at. hahaha. ♥ (.!_!.) ♥



2 comments:

  1. I liked the explanation for this post..u have a great talent of art..if groomed the right way, you can turn a professional..all the best..continue doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiducia, THANK YOU SO MUCH! i truly appreciate your praise. you just made my day. =) i'm glad you liked it and i wish you all the best. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete